Power Armor

Power Armor
Khurasan power armor infantry with conversions

Saturday, September 23, 2017

The Anglo Zulu War in 1/72nd Plastics

After trying out the fun The Men Who Would Be Kings colonial rules, I've painted up a force of 1/72nd plastic Zulus and British for the Anglo-Zulu War of 1879.  More pics after the bump. Thanks for looking!




My figures are HaT (the cavalry), Italeri/Esci (the British and most of the Zulus), and A Call to Arms/House of Campaign (some of the Zulus). I have more British foot and cavalry, by Esci and HaT, and lots more Zulus (mostly HaT). I need to round out my collection with a few odds and ends for the British, including Natal Mounted Police and Naval Brigade, which I'll get by buying Newline Designs 20mm metals.  As for plastics, I plan to get more British infantry, mounted infantry, and dragoons.

What I have painted so far represents 10 units of Zulus (16 men each), four untis of British infantry (12 men each), and 2 units of native horse (Natal Native Horse and Frontier Light Horse), of 8 men each.

This has been a really fun project to paint. As a kid, I had a bunch of these plastic Zulus and British and always dreamed of having them fully painted. Dream achieved, decades later---but hey, who's counting.

These (and possibly 1 or 2 more Zulu units) will be marching off to battle at Millennium Con in Round Rock, TX this November.















1 comment: