Power Armor

Power Armor
Khurasan power armor infantry with conversions

Thursday, December 25, 2014

US Marines in 15mm

I'm embarking on wargaming the Pacific Theater in WWII.  First painted for this project is a platoon of late war US Marines.  All figures are by Resistant Roosters.


I have begun a general "downscaling" of my WWII stuff, with the European theaters done in 6mm.  However, I've recently developed a major interest in the Pacific Theater generally. I figured that since many of the ground battles were infantry centric, I could keep the PTO in 15mm and not break the bank.  Some of the terrain can also do double-duty for my plans to eventually do the French Indochina War and US-Vietnam War in 15mm, as well.

Next up on the painting queue are a few more Marines, then Japanese.  I'm thinking of Commonwealth forces for Burma/India next, and then US Army for the SW Pacific. 
3 Squads + Platoon command section

Each squad has 3 fire teams, each of 4 men with small arms and one special weapon

Special weapons: BARs, bazookas, and a flamethrower


Platoon command

NCOs

Pride of the Corps---riflemen


What remains to be painted: another squad, 3x .30 cal teams, and a Sherman

Combat photographer.  The unfinished stuff is a mix of Resistant Roosters, Old Glory, and Quality Cast (?)


No comments:

Post a Comment